SpeciaL Education Advisory Committee
- To advise the School Board, through the Superintendent, of needs in the education of students with disabilities and to also identify programs that are working well and that should be continued and/or enhanced;
- To assist in the formulation and development of long-range plans, which will provide services, needed for students with disabilities in the Falls Church community;
- To participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of students with disabilities;
- To submit periodic reports and recommendations regarding the education of students with disabilities through the Superintendent to the School Board;
- To assist the School Board in interpreting to the community the plans for meeting the needs of students with disabilities for educational services; and
- To review annually the Falls Church special education plan and the application for federal funding thirty (30) calendar days prior to the presentation to the School Board for approval for submission to the Department of Education.
Meetings: 1st Monday - 7:00 p.m., Central Office Conference Room
Legal Requirements and Effectiveness Training for
Special Education Advisory Committees in Virginia
Hank Millward - Virginia Department of Education
On April 4, 2016, Hank Millward, Complaints & Family Support Coordinator with the Virginia Department of Education Division of Special Education and Students Services, presented training to the Falls Church School Board Special Advisory Committee.