FCCPS COVID Metrics Dashboard
The Health Metrics used by FCCPS derive from the measures across Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington, Prince William, and Loudoun Health Districts. This area comprises the Northern Region and impacts our division's workforce.
NOTE: Until there is a vaccine or treatment, there is no 100% risk-free environment;
therefore there is no “GREEN” on our data analysis charts.
We continue to monitor the health data and meet weekly with the Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD). We moved from "low" to "moderate" in our regional metrics. This change is due to slight increases in case incident rates earlier last week and a nursing home outbreak. Per FCHD, there is no indication of a surge in the data, and we are still lower than the rest of the region.
We continue to meet the moderate threshold for hybrid reopening. Our plans are on track, and we expect them to remain so unless there is a significant change in multiple data points or receive notice from the VDOE, VDH, or FCHD to alter our course. There is no single data point that we will use.
This process is a "dial-up/dial-down" rather than an "on/off" switch. We have robust mitigation strategies in place and will be leveraging small group sizes to support our efforts. There's not a playbook for this, and we are navigating based on science. Our decisions will be condition bound, not time-bound, with our continued commitment to protecting the health and safety of our FCCPS learning community.
Updated each Monday
|Virginia Phase: 3||PHASE 3|
|CURRENT WEEK||10/26/2020||Overall Composite: 2||Moderate|
|% Positivity 1||# New Cases/100K 1||Infection Rate 1||Burden 2||Trend 2|
|The percentage of Positive Coronavirus tests averaged among the four health districts.||The number of new Coronavirus cases per 100,000 people.||If one person becomes infected the number of others they are likely to infect.||The burden of disease placed on NoVA based on 8 data points monitored by the VDH.||The composite trend across 8 data points monitored by the VDH to help determine how rates are changing.|
|2 WEEKS AGO||10/12/2020||
1 Except for the Infection Rate, each data point monitored summarizes each data point across the Northern Region. FCCPS is a part of the Fairfax County Health District and monitors its Infection Rate.
2 The Overall Composite, Burden, and Trend data ratings are provided to FCCPS each week via the Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD), as reported by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) for the region. The VDH includes Fairfax (Fairfax County, Fairfax City & Falls Church), Arlington, Alexandria, Manassas Park, Manassas City, Loudoun, and Prince William Health Districts in their reporting for our region. The Overall Composite, Burden, and Trend data ratings are based on 8 metrics identified by VDH. Those are:
- Case incidence rates - The count of new COVID cases per 100K. Reported as high, moderate, and low. Thresholds: 10 cases per 100,000 - high, 5 cases per 100,000 - moderate (This makes up 50% of the composite)
- PCR test % positivity - Rate of among COVID PCR tests that are positive. Reported as high and low (above or below) a threshold of 10% positive
- COVID Outbreaks per 100,000 - Reported as high, moderate, and low. High - above 0.06 outbreaks per 100,000. Medium - between 0.06 and 0.04 outbreaks per 100,000. Low - Below 0.04 outbreaks per 100,000
- Percent of COVID cases among health care workers - High - above 5%. Low - Below 5%
- Rate of emergency visits for corona like illness per 100K - 3 categories high, moderate, and low. -high moderate 6 visits per 100,000 and moderate-low 4 visits per 100,000.
- Rate hospitalized in ICUs per 100K - Reported as either high or low (above or below) a threshold of 3.5 cases per 100K population.
- % of hospital beds occupied regardless of the reason - Reported as High or Low above or below a threshold of 90%; capacity to surge is 120%
- Access to PPE for hospitals - Status is either high and low, with one hospital reporting challenges as high. Shortages of PPE in places outside of hospitals are not measured.
(Data Source: Fairfax County Health Department and the Virginia Department of Health)
3 FCCPS will also monitor the Phase of Reopening under Virginia's Plan for Reopening--Safer At Home developed and provided by the Governor's Office as a part of the Forward Virginia initiative. This plan details three phases for reopening the state of Virginia in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Phase 1 is the most restrictive, while Phase 3 is the least restrictive. Additional information can be found at https://www.virginia.gov/
(Data Source: VDH-Safer At Home Phases of Reopening)
Facilities / For Supporting Physical Distancing and Cleaning
FCCPS facilities will be set up to promote social distancing and will be cleaned, sanitized, and ready for students to begin in-person learning
Procedures/ For Student and Staff Health
FCCPS procedures to promote student and staff health and wellness will be fully implemented and practiced by students and staff
- Student Health
- School Health Clinic
- Daily Health Screenings and Face Coverings
Supplies and Equipment / For Protecting Each Other
FCCPS will have a 60-day supply of cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment for staff and students as needed
- Face Coverings
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hand Washing and Sanitizing
Each school will develop two master schedules, one for online and one for hybrid learning
- Instructional staff needed to implement both schedules
- Parent Survey to determine:
- Which students will move to hybrid
- Which students will remain fully online
- Homeschool students returning back to FCCPS
- Course offerings within both schedules
- Shifting teacher assignments as necessary
- Electives/IB courses
Instructional Learning Plan
FCCPS will develop an instructional plan that supports students who select 100% virtual learning or the hybrid learning option
- Learning Recovery Plan to ensure content coverage
- Schoology will be used as our LMS for both options
- Encore resources
- Attendance Plan
- Special Education and Related Services plan
- ESOL support services plan
- IB/VSOL aligned curriculum
- Gifted Education services plan
- Preschool plan