Online instruction in FCCPS
FCCPS uses several tools to deliver online instruction. Whether schools are online or face-to-face, parents are able to access student accounts in Schoology and Powerschool. Schoology is the primary way that teachers and students interact online. Powerschool is the online gradebook, which keeps track of assignments turned in and grades.
The videos and links below teach parents the basics of both programs.
DIRECT LINKS TO Schoology & POWERSCHOOL APPS
POWERSCHOOL APPS USE CODE "NSHQ"
SCHOOLOGY APPS ENTER "FALLS CHURCH CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS"
Setting up parent fccps Schoology Account
- The first thing you need to know is how to get into Schoology. Every FCCPS parent has been given access to a Parent Schoology account.
- New parents: You should have received a recent email from Schoology with login credentials upon the completion of your student's registration.
- Veteran parents: Your account was created in the past three years, as part of student registration but if you've never logged in, you may need help finding that information.
- If you do not know your password, use the Forgot your Password prompt at this link.
- If you need further help, contact Steven Knight, FCCPS Schoology Administrator
Schoology conferences provide opportunities for teachers, students and parents to interact live online. The links below provide a document and video below to learn how to set up and use this learning tool.