The Falls Church School Board, during a Special Meeting, October 6, 2020, finalized the timeline in a process determining whether Thomas Jefferson Elementary and George Mason High School will be renamed.
For further information, including a link to the survey, please see the school renaming consideration Web page at bit.ly/schoolrenaming.
- October 13 - School Board will receive cost information on a possible name change.
- October 14 - K-12 Insights will conduct a two-week survey of all staff and parents, all students at Henderson and George Mason, and the community.
- October 22 and 29 - Public hearings to gather further comments from the community. The hearings will be via Zoom. Participants will pre-register.
- November 10 - School Board Worksession to review draft results of the survey.
- November 13 - K-12 Insights delivers final survey results.
- November 17 - School Board will meet to review all information.
- December 8 - Final vote on whether to move forward with renaming the schools. If yes, a process would then begin to determine the new names.
VIDEO Fast-Forward Links >>